Thursday, February 21, 2013

Taylor Eigsti



Jazz Pianist: Taylor Eigsti

"Speaking Song"

Taylor Eigsti, is a virtuoso pianist/composer from California.  He was a child prodigy that got to  work with the late pianist, Dave Brubeck.  His style is more Swing than anything else, infused with Bebop, a little Classical, and hint of Rock.  I think he amongst the most special pianist right now, because his compositions and improvisations do more than accompany a vocalist; they create an atmosphere.  The stuff that he does on keys, most pianists are never able to play in their lifetime- and he's only 28 years old.  If you want to know what I mean, definitely check out his cover of saxophonist John Coltrane's "Giant Steps".  It's magical..

For Everything Taylor: http://tayjazz.com/


2 comments:

  1. I normally don't like stuff like this, but I really did enjoy his music. I love your description of his genres because you can tell it's definitely more than one which is something I would need clarification on if I were watching this on my own. I'm very impressed with him but also the band who's playing with him. I could see myself on a romantic date with this guy playing. I really like how much the song changes throughout the 7 minutes, it's almost like they're different songs! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I say anything else, I must ask a question. Did anyone else notice the funny faces he makes while playing? Okay, now that that's out of my system, I wanted to thank you for posting this. The piano is my favorite instrument and I used to "play" as a child. I love how it sounds, especially when it is played by talented artists like Eigsti. I saw your past posts on jazz, and I think I'll start keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete